Landscape organizes everything within sight.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

In praise of abundance


rose petals, orchids
Originally uploaded by joguldi.
How do you fixate upon joy instead of loss, if not by constant application to the joys nearest at hand? Dearest reader, how shall I tell you how many times today the city offered me another meditation on joy, how many strange eyes, bizarre coincidences, happy children, unsuspected nuances, restless happy shades, passed me in the course of sixteen waking hours. This series issued directly from the pavement:

* a satchel bag of the Madonna for sale
* pineapples for $1.99 ea
* a plastic bag full of rose petals between the orchids

(think, reader: someone will be buying rose petals today, scattering them over a garden, a table, a lover...?)

My life is so full, so full, so full.

Reader, notice how the world pulses with abundance around you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gallycat said...

Jo! I'm in SF! I'm here on business, but have evenings other than Sunday (and part of monday night) free..leaving Wednesday late on a red-eye.

If you don't still have my cell, I'm at the Marriott downtown.

~Helen

10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don´t speak english.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home