Landscape organizes everything within sight.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Praying for rain

Where in the world has Jo gone?  SO sorry for the absence from
the blogosphere couch... it's been time to work on two books.  One: the
dissertation (chapter 3 just hit 90 pages!!  woohoo!).  Two:...




- GOD DEFINITELY DRIVES A FAST CAR -

several prayers for Lent
in the modern vernacular





DEFINITELY A ROMERO WITH FLAME DECALS

Sometimes God is my friend with the really fast car.
He picks me up on weekends and we go cruising.

As blocks pass by I think how long it would've taken me
to go this far by walk or bike.
As we pass 80, I'm glad you're driving
not me. 
I wonder if this can be safe.
Pigeons and stray dogs leap out of our way.

I pull on my shades and consider that
I shall never be able to afford this myself.
    People stare at me like I'm a movie star.
        They're wondering if I am.
    We find a quiet cafe a small town,
        where busy people like me never go.
    You know the waitress's name.
    I feel as if I'm the one who's popular

You drop me off at home, where I don't have to
    find parking.
    I wave goodbye, and hope
you'll be back again.

I wouldn't know what to do with a car myself.
Lord it is sweet to have friends. 

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home